Remember No More

I have been contemplating on a revelation I received several years ago about the Blood of Jesus. I want to show you a different facet of the Blood that you may not have considered or thought about before. We have all heard that the Blood of Jesus will cleanse us from all unrighteousness and that it can bring physical healing to our bodies. I want you to consider something else. All of us have things that we have had to overcome in this life, be it abuse, a death of a loved one, a painful divorce etc.  One of the tricks of the enemy is to bring back those painful memories. And for some, if you have not allowed God to heal those areas of your life they can become triggers for you. God is always in the healing business. His promises to us are YES and AMEN. Anytime you have a wound in your soul it is imperative that you go to God to allow Him to heal this area. These wounds are what keep people in cycles or patterns of behavior that they repeat over and over again. The devil loves to trip us up anyway he can, but I have a little secret that I want to share with you. 

I want to show you something in the Word that is extraordinary. It is found in the book of Hebrews.  Let's look at chapter 9, lets start with verse 11:



11 But when Christ appeared as a high priest of the good things to come, He entered through the greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this creation; 12 and not through the blood of goats and calves, but through His own blood, He entered the holy place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. 13 For if the blood of goats and bulls and the ashes of a heifer sprinkling those who have been defiled sanctify for the cleansing of the flesh, 14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without blemish to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

Let's look again at verse 14: it says how much more will the blood of Jesus cleanse your conscience from dead works - do you see that? The Blood of Jesus can heal your mind of every memory associated with dead works!! You do not have to remember those events anymore. They are dead works. There is no life in them. Just as God can take our sins and throw them from the east to the west so His Blood can wipe away those awful memories never to be remembered again. This eliminates the torment of a painful memory and takes away the devils power in using it against you.  I have done this and it works! When the devil brings back a horrible mistake I've made, and I know I have repented of this and it is under the blood. I say, "Lord, I apply the blood of Jesus over that memory to remember it no more. It is under the blood and has no power to hurt me anymore. Remove all pain, regrets, and condemnation from that memory and heal me in Jesus name." 


My God there is such power in the blood!! Too many times I think we dilute the power that is in the blood by making it of no effect. We take it too casually but the Blood of Jesus has enormous power. It reminds me of Revelations 4 where the angels are around the throne crying "Holy Holy Holy" I can imagine that there are so many facets of God that each time they look at Him they see something new and they cry out HOLY HOLY HOLY! That is the way the Blood of Jesus is! There is so much that can be accomplished by activating the Blood of Jesus in your life. 

Let me back this up with a another scripture. Let's look at Isaiah 54:4

“Fear not, for you will not be put to shame; And do not feel humiliated, for you will not be disgraced; But you will forget the shame of your youth,
And the reproach of your widowhood you will remember no more.

The Bible says we can forget the shame of your youth! You do not have to rehash, re-visit or remember those things that hold you back to your past. We have to move on. It is a new day and the old things have passed away behold all things are made new. I look back at who I was and that person does not even exist anymore. She is dead and long gone! I have no desire to resurrect my old man so why should I waste any time dwelling on what she did. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

By His Stripes!

Is it the end??