Death in this life

It's been awhile since I last blogged.. in fact, I had to go back and read my last blog to figure out where to start today. What I don't want to do is a fake blog. My life is not perfect, I'm not perfect, I'm nowhere near ready to say I've arrived. And I don't want to just post when life is wonderful. Since I last blogged my grandfather moved to heaven.  Honestly, I've been with a few family members when they moved to heaven and by far this was the most peaceful I've ever experienced, My grandfather was 93 years old. And there wasn't anything wrong with him; he just decided he was done. He started refusing food and the process moved on from there. He ended up going to sleep and from there made the transfer to heaven. I did learn a fun fact about my grandfather. We were having a discussion about dying and I remarked as I have for years that I'm going in the rapture. And my grandmother looked at me and said, "that is what your grandfather always said too."  And that was so special to me.  I'm his namesake after all.

I'm getting older in this life and more and more people I know and love are making the transfer to heaven. The hardest one by far was my father's. Larry and I were talking about this today, as his grandmother was moved into hospice, and although it's not painful now his passing was not as peaceful as he had terrible moments that we had to watch and be there for. But I know this - I will absolutely without doubt see my father again. I look forward to when I can join him and see my Savior's face. I've been in some services where the Presence of God was so real and so tangible that my body longed to stay where I was and not go out of the church doors ever again and to stay in that place of peace.

Heaven is a wonderful place. I know many of you  have lost loved ones but we shouldn't mourn as though we have no hope. We shouldn't dread that season or day of the week. It shouldn't mar our present and future. That is a trap! Please take time to grieve - please don't misunderstand me. We all need grieving time, but don't let that go past what it is intended.  There is a place to cry and then there is a place of peace.  In actuality for those people who move to heaven - they aren't dead as some suppose but take one breath here and one breath in a realm of Glory that we can only imagine.  And for some of you who think heaven might be boring - watch out you might be attending the wrong church. His Presence is amazing and worship is what we were created to do - to dance, and sing and rejoice.

One thing about moves to heaven. It really makes you appreciate family. I go out of my way now, to make time for family. You can't choose blood - we weren't always rich and in fact at times were very poor but we have each other and I value and treasure my siblings more now than ever before in my lifetime. And life is short make sure you let people you know that you care. Invest in the relationships. They are a gift and a blessing. I've seen my sister grow in the Lord like never before and it's great to watch this transformation. Well I have more to write.. but for now.. this is God girl overcoming LIFE!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

By His Stripes!

Is it the end??

Remember No More