And the Truth will set you free!! Part 1

I'm seeing a trend that is bothering me. It is in the aspect of Truth.  When did the truth become hate? When did it become no longer important?  Why are kids getting persecuted for talking about Jesus? Why is praying in schools now an issue? Why is there so much fornication in the body of Christ? Why is prayer an afterthought when we are in trouble when it is suppose to be a lifestyle? Today I'm going to address some issues and bring to light some items that have been covered in darkness. I realize this post may not make everyone happy, but Jesus did not make everyone happy so I think I'm okay.   Here are a few scriptures to lay a foundation, and I may mention a few more along the way.


Ephesians 1:13-14 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.
Psalm 86:11 Teach me your way, O LORD, that I may walk in your truth; unite my heart to fear your name.
John 8:31-32 So Jesus said to the Jews who had believed in him, “If you abide in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
Let's stop there.  Truth is what sets people free, but the truth that Jesus is speaking about is the Word of God. We have to abide in that Word. Meditate on it day and night so we are not ourselves easily swept away into darkness.  Let's look at the Bible, the word of God.  John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Then in John 1:14 - And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth. Everything in our lives, as Christians, must be based on God's word! It is life and it is the truth. It is this truth that sets people free.  I want to go a little deeper. I want to talk to you about the character of God. When you truly know HIM and his character, then you cannot see what he says as hate but out of the concern and care of a loving Father. It is this truth that will set you free. It can set you free from hurts and wounds, it can set you free from drugs and alcohol, whatever holds you captive; it is Jesus that can set you free!


John 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
Romans 5:8 but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Corinthians 13:4-8 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

The sweet love of Jesus! He says what He says because He loves us!  So when you are telling people that if you do not accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, you will die and go to hell, that is the truth. It is not a scare tactic, it is not being mean or hateful, but it is the understanding one must have when they deny Christ.  Obviously if you go up to a complete stranger and tell them they will die and go to hell without Christ you will more than likely offend them.   But when you go to someone you love, and with tears in your eyes tell them you do not want them to go to hell that is a big difference. Tears are not necessary but LOVE is!  If we are going to be Christ's representatives on this earth we must speak and talk to people in love. 1 Peter 4:8 (NKJV)  And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.”


Let me cover another topic. There is only 1 God. Mean I know, but truth, because the serving of a false or other God will also not lead to heaven.  Let us look at this through the Word.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." Jesus is the way! 1 Timothy 2:5-6 (NKJV)  For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all. Acts 4:12 There is salvation in no one else! God has given no other name under heaven by which we must be saved (JESUS).” This is why we must tell people the truth.  They cannot serve another God and go to heaven. It is a lie from the enemy to keep them from the truth.

There is a deception floating around the body of Christ. It is sex outside of marriage. I have heard all of the excuses. "It is okay if we are in love." "you should try it out before you get married" God knows my heart." Yes He does and according to the word it is deceptive. Jeremiah 17:9 says, "The heart is deceitful above all things, And desperately wicked; Who can know it?" The devil will use anything to trip you up. Even your own heart.  I stand here as one who has had sex outside of marriage and had a child out of wedlock. I stand not in judgement but in love for you that you can avoid some of the pitfalls that I was snared in.   Let me tell you a story.  I got pregnant when I was 24 and had a child that I gave up for adoption. Many of you have read my blog about Cody.  I gave my life back to God but found myself in a pitfall.  A place in myself that the devil still had a hold on me.  At the anniversary of Cody's birth I found myself breaking covenant with God.  I had sex every year for about 4 years. I would wake up in my shame begging God to forgive me and not knowing why I kept doing this! I sought out God, weeping and crying before Him and I asked him, "Why do I keep doing this??" I heard the sweet love of my Father and the understanding flooded my soul. "It is because you have not forgiven yourself for what took place. Forgive yourself, I already have and I can make you whole."  God loves us and has good for us always.  

As a Christian, sex outside of marriage is fornication. When I was growing up this was a very clear understanding. Now we have worship leaders sleeping with the congregation, and sex is rampant through singles groups in churches. But this should not be so! The bible is very explicit about this.
1 Corinthians 7:1-2 - Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman (sexually). Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband. Galatians 5:19 says, Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness etc. And also, Ephesians 5:3, But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints. As you can see it is sin for a believer to be involved with sex outside of the covenant of marriage.  But God is faithful to forgive our sins when we repent before Him. Run to your heavenly Father and get right with Him if you have found yourself in a place that you now realize is sin. Side note: Repentance is a change of your heart and behavior.  He loves you and something good will happen when you surrender your all to Him. He is keeping sex from you, but in fact, is protecting you. When you have sex with someone you become one with them. 1 Corinthians 6:16, "What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh."
1 Thessalonians 4:3 - It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality.  Something takes place in the spiritual realm during sex; where you now have a tie with this person. You also open yourself to a pregnancy, a disease, an ungodly soul tie and more.  Studies have shown that people who have had sex outside of marriage are more at risk for struggles with depression and shame.  God is trying to save you from future hurt. It is because He loves you.  Again, I'm not  here to judge or condemn you but to bring light where darkness has fallen so you may be free! Only the TRUTH sets one free.

There are so many areas I want to discuss, but I will have to save them for another post.  Please know that I love and pray for you all that read my blog, reach out to me with your stories, and comment. I know this is hard medicine to swallow. Nowadays, sex is treated so casually, and there lies the deceit that no harm is being done, but that is a lie from the enemy. Let me encourage you to get in to God's word! Knowledge is power, and as it says in Hosea 4:6 - My people are destroyed for a lack of knowledge. We must know God's word. This world is changing before my eyes and this political election could be the most chaotic, catastrophic event our country has seen in some times.  It is important to be in prayer, and in His Word so we can stand in these last days. Blessings!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

By His Stripes!

Is it the end??

Remember No More