Many are the afflictions...

I recently heard about a person who is angry at God because of an affliction. I hear many people talk about being angry at God.  God gets blamed for bad churches, bad Christians, and the list goes on.  I feel impressed to share some things on my heart.  I think people have forgotten what Christianity is all about. Christianity has NOTHING to do with your denomination.  It has nothing to do with your church service or who your pastor is.  Christianity is about a relationship with you and your Savior.  

I have never read in the bible that troubles will not come to you once you become a Christian. We are not dancing through the tulips. I will go so far as to say, that if you want to do great things for God -watch out! The devil will put a mark on your and chase you down the rest of your days. Do we have dominion? Absolutely! We have no reason to fear because greater is He who lives in us, that he that lives in the world. But he is not going to sit by and let you take his territory without a fight. 

It says very plainly in Psalm 34:19 that many are the afflictions of the righteous but the Lord delivers him out of them all. James 1:2-4 says when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed,  you will be perfect and complete needing nothing. Some translations say lacking nothing.

Let me share something else.. what are you deserving of? We live in this entitlement society that the world owes you something, but the bottom line is we are all deserving of death, of hell and the grave. But Jesus died that not only can we be delivered of our sins and to overcome in this life but we get to go to heaven for eternity. Eternity is FOREVER, and this life is temporary. 2 Corinthians 4:17 for our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory. I know this is a harsh word but where are our priorities?  If God does nothing else for me He has done enough! But God does want to do more! John 10:10 the thief does not come except to steal, kill and destroy, I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly. There has to become a point in your life where you are going to not walk by what you see, hear or feel but you stand on the Word of God. That has to be your foundation for this life or this life will beat you up.

Trust me when I tell you that Larry and I have had some troubles. My faith has been shaken by a few things, but I had to choose to believe God's word. I had to believe that I would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.  I had to choose that God had a plan for my life and that plan was good.  As I was driving into work this morning the song, "Bring the Rain" came on by Mercy Me. I've added some of the lyrics and the video is below.

I can count a million times
People asking me how I
Can praise You with all that I've gone through
The question just amazes me
Can circumstances possibly
Change who I forever am in You
Maybe since my life was changed
Long before these rainy days
It's never really ever crossed my mind
To turn my back on You, Oh Lord
My only shelter from the storm
But instead I draw closer through these times


Thank you for walking this out with me! I have book coming out this fall. I will give you more details as I get them. SO EXCITED!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

By His Stripes!

Is it the end??

Remember No More