The Passing of a Dear Friend

I received a phone call informing me of the death of a sweet friend of mine in Atlanta. I was shocked when I heard the news as I had recently spoken with her about her coming to visit. She kept telling me she was jealous of what God was doing here in Cleveland and all that I was sharing with her. Kathy always wanted to be in the presence of Jesus. She was a faithful attendee at early morning prayer and at most services at World Harvest. She loved to be in God's glory all the time. And now she is with Him and in His glory. For to be absent in body is to be present with the Lord. 2 Cor. 5:8

In fact, we had a great talk recently. She and I were both at the church waiting on the arrival of Larry, and her daughter Gabby. Both attended the Encounter conference and she was anxiously awaiting her daughter's arrival. She was excited to hear all that God had done in her daughter's life during the past few days. I was able to share some of what I knew and she told me she was next. She was definitely going to the next Encounter, but this conference was for her daughter and she wanted Gabby to get all that God had for her. Little did we know that she would truly be encountering His Glory way before we expected her to. She is encountering God in more ways than I can only dream of.

As I was in prayer the following morning and talking to God about Kathy being with Him. I said, " Why now Lord? She wouldn't have wanted to go right now. She and Gabby are moving into this new place and both she and Lauren rely on her." I basically explained to the Lord that His timing was wrong and He missed it.  Isn't that how our carnal minds think? As the reality of what I was saying dawned on me, I felt the presence of the Lord and I began to weep. I felt the Holy Spirit and what came to my spirit was this;  No, now she sees clearly the plans that I have for her daughter Gabby and her granddaughter Lauren. She has the revelation of all that I have planned and it is good. She understands all. God wasn't upset with me for being emotional and weepy but in His great compassion and love for me, He corrected me and helped me to see.

The scripture in Isaiah 55:9 came to mind ,“For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts. How often do we think we know more than God? How often do we doubt  His love for us? Or truly see that He knows best. We see things so naturally when we really need to see things from the realm of the spirit.

 It is vital in all that is going on in the world today that we focus on being Kingdom minded and spirit led.  The only way to do that is to stay connected to the vine. so you keep the knowledge flowing. When we go to the Lord in prayer and we stay in that connection all day, we can know what is going on. We don't have to be fearful or dread the future, but can hold on to the faith that we have in Him.  He truly is the author and finisher of our faith.  My prayer for Gabby is for her to know run the race that is set before her. A different race than she expected to run but now she will need to rely on Jesus.He is her father, her husband and her friend. But also that she will allow herself to grieve and allow the Holy Spirit to comfort her and minister to her during this time. She can rest in Him and allow Him to carry her.

It is never easy to have someone you love move to heaven. I still have trouble sometimes listening to Homesick by Mercy Me without thinking of my father's funeral and missing him like crazy.  But I have joy in knowing that He has only moved to his real home in heaven. I will see him again one day.As I get older, more and more people I love are moving home to heaven.  It does make me homesick sometimes I have to admit. This world is crazy and I'm okay if Jesus were to decide it is my time, but until then I need to run the race that I have before me. I did attach the song as it seemed so fitting for this occasion and of course, I cried listening to it.

Thanks for reading  and allowing me to share. I have not written much lately, but this is one area in which I feel strongly that I need to do more. Praying for my family and friends.


Carla

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSTCG9qHFy0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

By His Stripes!

Is it the end??

Remember No More