Anchor of my Soul - Mind, Will & Emotions

When I was a little girl, my father had, in the bathroom, one of those bible promise books. I would search and search and be frustrated that the only answer given, for all of my areas of frustration, was a bible verse. I had no understanding how much power was in the word of God. I did not understand that those words could bring me life and healing to my wounded soul. That the Word of God was truly promises for me!

I heard a very powerful scripture recently that really resounded in me. Heb 6:19  This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls.  It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary. Jesus is an anchor for my soul. I have heard that verse and have read it before myself, but there are times when you read or hear the the word that it becomes LIFE to you. A Rhema word! An anchor is used to keep a boat from moving, from drifting away during wind or high current. It keeps the boat still. I'm not sure about you , but I need Jesus to keep my mind still! We do not have to be "all over the place"!

What is your soul made up of? Your mind, your will, and your emotions. That means that Jesus can bring me, and you, to a place of stability, in our minds, and in our emotions when storms are raging all around us. There is no dancing through the tulips as a believer. We are in a war where there is a true enemy who wants to destroy our soul. James 1:2 says when troubles come. Not if - but when! And in John 16: 33 it says, "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

Women, especially tend to have a hard time with our emotions. I know I do! I had a bout recently and after some blood work realized that I was struggling because of a hormone imbalance. I'm feeling more like myself, but for most of my life I really was led by my emotions and reacted to everything instead of responding to anything. 

There is so much word on how to manage our emotions. One of my favorites has been that God will perfect all that concerns me. That is a powerful word! For  many reasons, one is that the God of all the universe cares about what concerns me. Two he will perfect - make perfect, complete, handle and/or take care of what concerns me. That is amazing!

So when life comes to bring you storms - remember that Jesus can anchor our soul to be steadfast and secure in Him! We do not have to react to our circumstances but we can seek Him and respond in His love, His Grace and His mercy. 

Feel free to share your favorite verse in the comments. There are no lone rangers here - we all need one another to hold each other up.

Blessings and much love!
Carla

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

By His Stripes!

Is it the end??

Remember No More